Sunday, February 5, 2017

All done

So here are the cabinets before
and after...
I really do love them.  It was a fairly inexpensive way to update our kitchen.  Michael says whenever we do a project, I decide what I'll do and what he'll do, because I feel like there's certain things I can't do, like I didn't take any of the cabinet doors off, but I put almost all of them back on because Michael pretty much didn't want to do it in the time frame I wanted and he said I could do it myself, so I did!  He taught me how and it was pretty simple in theory, but time consuming and kind of strenuous.  Some of the doors got nicked in the moving process and that stressed me out.  There's always hiccups and things that don't go right, which at times makes you question why you even started the project in the first place, but it was worth it.  Am I the only one with the illusion that projects will go smooth?
We need to do back splash still.  I'm excited for that and think it will make a huge difference.  Just to add, its almost maddening to me to see before and after pics on fb and Instagram because they don't include the process, the stress, the trips back to the hardware store, and the mess everywhere else in your house.

More than anything in the world, I love that girl standing there.  Oh and our microwave died during all this so we'll be getting a new one of those.

3 comments:

Mark & Shayla said...

Sounds like a lot of work--but they look so nice!

Kimberly said...

Looks so good!

Jill Asay said...

They look so good! Can't wait to see it all when the backsplash is put in!