Sunday, February 5, 2017

Christmas day

Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, which is perfect, unless you have 8 am church. I was actually dreading getting the kids all ready on time and squeezing in Christmas morning.  The kids just looked at their santa presents and we opened presents when we got back.  Sacrament was great.  Jack Nichols spoke and I was grateful to feel the spirit on Christmas.  Our stake Christmas concert was a week earlier and I sang a solo "Do You Have Room" which was a song I hadn't heard of but I loved it and was glad I got to sing it.  My confidence has grown more since singing with the Chorale and getting to practice more.
The kid got a trampoline which was a beast to wrap, but I'm probably more excited than they are for the day we can set it up.  Almost all of my childhood memories are on my tramp.  We had sleepovers on it, put sprinklers under it and jumped on it in our suits, had a huge weeping willow tree above the tramp with a tree house in it and we would jump from the tree house to the tramp.  My brothers broke it when they tried a trick on it with their water skies?!  I spent a LOT of my childhood jumping on my tramp.
After church we spent some time at dads for breakfast and then over to Asays.  Stahle had just woke up from her nap. I love the expression on her face.  She's holding her doll she got from gma Asay.  This girl loves dolls.  When we got home that night, Stahle took a spill off our dining room bench and split her head open.  I never did get a picture of it but Michael called Ken who came over and glued it right up.  Michael and Ken agreed that its better not to treat your own child when dealing with something kind of major.  Ken did a great job and its healed pretty nicely.
During one of our days of Christmas break we painted nails.  The girls always love it until we have to put it all away.

No comments: