Sunday, February 5, 2017

Crazy day in Billings





Sometimes I get these wild ideas like taking all my kids to Billings by myself to spend the day. Michael actually had to work that day in Billings so the plan was drop him off, entertain kids all day and then go out to eat and do some shopping with all the kids that evening. So after we dropped off Michael we went to Bonnie's and waited for it to warm up a little for us to go sledding together.  Bonnie really saved the day AGAIN.  Billings has the best sledding hills.  Thats something I really miss.  They have one close to the temple where you can park right by the top of the hill so Stahle could nap or something while we went sledding.  After sledding, I volunteered to take Clay with me and the kids to the library and grab some pizza for lunch. It ended up taking us almost an hour just in travel time because the roads were horrible.  It was fun to be back to our old tromping grounds.  When we got back to Bonnie's, she had the table all set up for crafts and delicious treats to go with our pizza!

One of our objectives of the day was to reunite Janelle with her bff, Harley.  They went to preschool together at the Y and Janelle still talks about her, even now.  Janelle will be playing with friends or something and come tell me in tears that she misses Harley.  I won't tell you all about how we got stuck on the way to her house and had a miscommunication about pickup places, etc. but we made it happen.
After that we went and got Michael, had dinner at Texas Roadhouse and did a little shopping.

No comments: