Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weekend in Billings for concert



November 5th and 6th was my concert with the Billings Symphony Chorale.  I decided to take Kandace with me for the weekend.  We drove down early on Friday so I could go to the temple.  I was hurrying to make a certain session but when I got there they told me that session was non existent as I was looking at the wrong schedule.  I did some initiatory instead which was wonderful.  I don't do those very often so it was a good refresher.  My friend Bonnie Haeberlee had agreed to keep Kandace during the temple, and she ended up offering to keep her for my rehearsals too!  She has a son Kandace's age and they're great friends.  Plus, her husband Miles is gone for PA rotations so I thinks he enjoyed the company.  I thought it would be a great weekend for Kandace and I to have some mother daughter bonding but she wanted to hang out with Clay for than me.  Sob sob.  We did get to stay at a hotel with a pool and enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning.
Saturday I took Kandace swimming and had lunch at Olive Garden with my friend, Melinda.  Bonnie and Clay came over to the hotel to swim at the pool and Kandace had a blast.
That night was my first concert, my family was in town for so Kandace got to sit with them.
Sunday Kandace and I went to church which fell on their stake conference so I got to see some familiar faces which was fun, and then Kandace went back to Haeberlees for my last concert.  Bonnie was so good to me that weekend and I was grateful for her help.  She is a great friend.  I was probably over my head thinking I could drag Kandace along to all my rehearsals so I was glad Bonnie pitched in and offered to take her.  Kandace and Clay are great buds and get along great.  They went to Rose Park elementary together.  
The concert was beautiful.  Hard to describe what it feels like.  It feeds my soul and takes me to a happy place! Music is powerful!  My favorite song we sang was actually one arranged by Mack Wilburg who directs MOTAB.  Its called My Shepherd will supply my Need.  We had a small orchestra to fill the instrumental parts and it was so touching and moving.  I'm proud of myself for sticking with chorale.  Its hard sometimes with all the driving and jugging schedules and making sure kids are taken care of but its worth it to me.  What a blessing music is.



No comments: