Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sleeping Giant

We went to Sleeping Giant this year instead of Red Lodge since its a little less expensive and a little closer, but I think next year we'll just do Red Lodge since I think its just about the same distance.  Stetson came too but I can't find the pic with all of us?  Or maybe he was too hard to track down since he goes so fast.  I signed the kids up for group lessons but they ended up getting a private one for the price of a group since they were the only ones there.  Kandace did awesome with her lesson.  I wish we went more so she could really improve on what she learned.  She does great with her turns and going slow and staying in control.  Stetson on the other hand has probably spent too much time with me and not enough with a real teacher who can explain things better.  He does have fun and I think more time on the slopes will be helpful.
If I could somehow bypass the first 20 minutes of our skiing when we're getting checked in and getting our gear on, I'd probably go more often, but somehow we made it and by the time the kids were off doing their lesson and I was all alone riding on the lift up the hill enjoying the BEAUTIFUL scenery, it was all worth it and so serene and peaceful.  Just what I needed.

No comments: