Monday, October 13, 2008

So I love blogging because I can vent about things and get great advice, but I always worry about being too personal and what people will think (I know, I shouldn’t but I do sometimes). Stetson has been getting 4 new teeth and life has been SO hard. I read on someone’s blog that they got up a half hour earlier one morning to pray and read their scriptures so she could be a better mom to her kids and she said she had way more patience than normal. What a novel idea. I should definitely do that. Do I? No, I tell myself I’m too tired and that I need every minute of sleep I can get. Well I’ve resolved that tomorrow I’m not going to tell myself that. I’m going to do it. If Michael can get up at 5:15 am every morning to drive bus, I can get up at 6:30 to read and pray.

Anyway, among other things, Stetson threw the hugest tantrum today that he’s ever thrown. Michael was home and it was the first time he’d seen him do it and he was like, “does he always do this?” And was pretty much in shock (Michael was). Well no, he doesn’t do it very often thank goodness, but I was glad Michael was home with me today to share the load. Anyway, I’m confident that once his teeth come in he’ll feel a lot better and life will be easier for everyone. PLUS, as the weather gets worse (I’m so sad about it I can’t even talk about it) we’re inside a lot more, so I’m racking my brain for fun/valuable things I can do with Stetson. I called the Rec center today about getting a pool pass so we could do that, I take him to story time, unfortunately he’s not into reading as much as he used to be, what have you got for me? Thank you!

i am: a mom
i think: about how I could be a better mom to Stetson
i know: I can be better
i want: to be a great mom and wife
i have: a cute baby boy
i dislike: feeling tired all the time
i miss: feeling so carefree
i fear: I’ll fall short of what I should do/become
i feel: frustrated with Stetson
i hear: my loud dishwasher
i smell: nothing
i crave: nothing right now (crazy, I know) ask me tomorrow and it’ll be olive garden
i cry: easily
i usually: don’t do my hair very cute
i wonder: what the future holds for me and my family
i regret: taking things for granted
i love: Stetson and Michael (and the rest of my fam)
i care: about Stetson and Michael
i always: try to keep my house clean even though it doesn’t show always
i worry: about Stetson
i am not: good at math
i remember: Halloween last year
i believe: God has a better plan for me than I realize
i dance: to embarrass Michael
i sing: alto
i don’t always: read my scriptures like I should
i argue: too much
i write: not very much, I like typing better
i win: very seldom
i lose: patience easily
i wish: i had more energy
i listen: to motab and wanna cry because its so beautiful
i don't understand: taxes (wish I did)
i can usually be found: at home
i am scared: of the dark when I’m home alone
i need: God
i am happy: with my life for the most part!

I tag: Shay, Jill, Shannon, Emily S.

7 comments:

Emily S. said...

I feel your pain! Wait till Stetson turns 3! No in all reality children are wonderful they just have those rare moments when they decide to teach us patience and humility and test our every ounce of self control!! I agree with you that I need every minute of sleep I can get, but yes I also think I could use the extra time in the morning to read my scriptures or the ensign! Those moments would give you your own time to yourself and help the rest of the day!!
Keep plugging along and know we are all doing the same thing!!

Shana said...

I know what you mean about the teething...no fun at all!
Motherhood is tricky like that.Just when you think you have things under control and you are going along pretty good...WHAM! They go into another phase and something else changes in them and you have to retrain them and yourself to do something else that works.
Try giving Stetson a teething fruit thing. It is like a meshy net and you put frozen fruit in it and they can chew and suck on it. It helps soothe their teeth and gives them nutrients all in one! BONUS!
Just keep it at the highchair or tile floor or outside, it can be messy with a capitol M!

Good luck! Hang in there.

Kimberly said...

Hey, sorry about the teething thing. I know exactly how you feel. Kennedy has two more to go and then she is completely done and I just can't wait! Not only could the teething and the staying inside be affecting Stetson, but the weather just changing period can often affect the mood of children. We saw this all the time when I was in college teaching toddler lab/preschool. The kids had no idea, but for some reason just any kind of change in weather affected their mood. Just hang in there and I know things will get better! By the way, I think you are an incredible person and mother! Oh, and thanks for the tip on how to get my picture to show up on my blog!

laura said...

I love that you dance to embarass Michael! I am so sorry about the teething thing. Tylie was horrible! I took her to Urgent Care a few times thinking she had an ear infection because she was screaming bloody murder (nope it was just teething!) and then once you think it is over, here comes more teeth! Poor little guy is in so much pain. I think that is a good idea to wake up early to pray and read. I need to do that too!

nina said...

Don't worry Emily, the terrible twos will get easier with time and then they'll turn into the terrible three's and fours ;) Ha ha. Doesn't that make you feel better? Kayla was the very worst at four. I still remember actually having the thought one day that I was going to have to send her to my mom and dad's for them to take over for a few weeks. I literally thought I was failing as a parent and that I couldn't do it. But that time soon passed,and I didn't fail. In fact parenthood seems a whole lot easier now, and I must say it has definately been easier the second time around because I know what to expect. So keep your chin up, your a great mom. All of us go through our self doubts.

Trish said...

I totally understand about looking for fun things to do this winter. When Abby was about Stetson's age was when I went the craziest when we couldn't go outside. The rec center is good for swimming and the play room. We did ice skating a few times when Brinly was two and she actually did really well. I'll let you know if I think of any other good options.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on new baby coming soon? WOW!
Can I get your email address? I'm adding you as a reader on my blog. (Had some stalking issues.)
Anyway-could I get it?

Thanks,
Brooke