Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby blessing



We had a good weekend in McCook, NE for Travis' baby blessing. We left Sat. morning about 11, got to Cheyanne around noon and headed straight to the mall for some much needed maternity pants. I was way bummed when I found out JCPenney's didn't have a maternity section, so we went to Motherhood. I cut right to the chase and told the lady there I needed the longest pants they had. She said they don't carry any long pants (I'll have to order some on-line) but she said some of their pants just run long, so she got me 2 jeans and a black pair of dress pants to try. The jeans weren't long enough (No surprise there) but the black pants were and I was SO excited. So we got those, went to Olive Gardenand then got to McCook around 6 pm I think.

Jill and Christian spoiled us with REALLY good food and we had a great time visiting. We stayed up late Saturday night talking and I don't know when the last time was I laughed so hard. Travis' baby blessing was so special, I love hearing a new baby being blessed. And it was my first time to a branch--very different from what we're used to. I'm glad McCook has Jill & Christian to serve the people there. They need all the members they can get! Steston is getting 4 new teeth so he was a grouch for most of the time but it was really cute when he wanted to hold Travis (see picture above).

1 comment:

Em said...

I got the Pattern from a friend but if you do a search for file folder games you can find some good stuff and I know that deseret book sells some for like 8.00 for a little book and and you can find those if you search file folder fun. I hope that helps.