Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holy cow


My WHOLE life I've wanted to whack my hair off and know what its like to have the luxury of not having to spend a lot of time on my hair every day (like I did anyway lol). SO, I bit the bullet and got it whacked off on Tuesday and I LOVE IT for the reason that it takes me about 5 minutes to do it. How awesome is that? I highly recommend short hair cuts to anyone who is brave enough. With Stetson and baby #2 on the way, I was desparately looking for something easy. PLUS I teach swimming lessons at the rec 2 days a week and I wanted to be able to just stick my head under a hand dryer after lessons so I didn't have to walk outside in the 20 degree weather with wet hair. Makes sense to me. Well I've tried to take a pic that does the cut justice, but apparently I'm retarted and can't take a picture of myself without cutting half my head off, so here's what I came up with. Alicia Fenton cut it and I think she's a fabulous hair dresser if you want her number let me know. I'll post a real pic as soon as Michael comes home and can take one for me. The picture is the closest I could find of what mine really looks like.

8 comments:

Jessica & Paul said...

I am sure your hair is GORGEOUS if Alicia did it! SHE IS AWESOME. The only person that cuts my hair now! Good for you biting the bullet!

Jill Asay said...

Way to go! I can't wait to see it. I've always wished I had the courage to cut my hair off...but I never seem to get much shorter than my shoulders.

Emily S. said...

Can't wait to see your new hair do!! I am jealous, I always want to have short hair again, but have been very wimpy about doing it! Something about being pregnant, you always find all sorts of courage!!

The Jensens said...

I am very anxious to see this new sassy hair of yours. Way to be so brave!

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to see it! Good for you for being brave. I don't know how long it will take me before I ever work up the courage to cut my hair short.

Shana said...

HEY- it is tomorrow and I was checking to see the picture you promised of your new hair cut.
So where is it? :)

nina said...

I bet it is so cute, Emily. I ALWAYS cut my hair when I am pregnant. Who has the time to mess with long hair when you've got little rugrats to chase around!

lacey bassett said...

I have been thinking the same thing you have. But I don't know if I am brave enough!! I really really want to though.. so maybe I will just have to suck it up as well and cut it off!!