Thursday, October 9, 2008

So excited


First and foremost, thanks so much for all your comments and well wishes. I appreciate that.

Now onto the exciting news. Last year about this same time, we got an invitation to a "brand of excellence scholarship banquet" honoring recipients of College of Agriculture scholarship recipients. We weren't really sure what it was all about at first, but we went ahead and went and really enjoyed ourselves. Moslty just the part about not having to cook--going out to a nice catered meal where you don't have to worry about anything!! Well for like the last 2 months it seems like, the most exciting part of my day (I know, how pathetic am I?) has been going to check the mail to see if we got our invitations. Well I was starting to give up hope and we had wondered if they just did it maybe every other year, until yesterday I checked my mail and there it was. I'm so excited, and just wanted to share!

4 comments:

Bob & Dani said...

Bob and I went to the Ag Brand of Excellence Banquet too (my degree program was in the College of Ag). It was a good time and provided something new and different to do. I hope you guys have fun!

I am also sorry to hear the news about your baby. I truly hope that everything works out. There is no question that each baby born is a miracle. Thank you for your positive attitude and faith.

Jill Asay said...

Ooo, sounds like fun! Enjoy!

laura said...

That sounds fun! I have been out of town and just read your blog about the baby. I can't imagine what you are feeling. I will pray that everything is okay. Sometimes we just have littles tests of faith to make sure we appreciate everything! I am sure everything will turn out fine!

Adam, Jeffi and Charlotte Anne said...

Lucky...I just missed out on my free dinner 2 weeks ago. But hey, if u need a babysitter you know who to call!