Friday, February 1, 2008

New couch and variety express!!

So we finally got our new couch...Michael wanted it more than me, but now that we have it its really nice. It TOTALLY clashes with our green chair (forrest green) but oh well. One of these days maybe we'll be able to afford matching furniture. We originally had 2 couches downstarirs--one from Michael's great grandma that could have won the ugliest couch contest on Live with Regis and Kelly easily (I'm entering next year), and one Jill gave us. Matthew took the one Jill gave us and we moved the other one upstairs into Stetson's room so we can still have it for a hideabed when we have company.

Last night was my first night teaching "variety express." I was really nervous because I've never taught anything but step, but it went really well. There were about 8 other girls there. We did step the first 30 minutes and then did lower body the last half. My plan is to do some kind of cardio the first half every time, and then target a different area the last half (abs, arms, etc.). I am so grateful for the internet because I got almost all my ideas there. Michael helps me out too. Well, thats all for now, hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!












Stetson's a HUGE fan of our new couch---->








<-----the moving truck

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Love your new couch! It's always nice to have something new. I know the feeling of "clashing" furniture... yikes. I guess that's what happens when you're still in school. Wait, we're not in school and we STILL have unmatching stuff. Wish that I could take your variety class. That sounds like a ton of fun and I'm sure that you're an excellent teacher!

Em said...

Emily, I don't think you know me, but I was looking through others lists of bloggers and I ended up reading yours. I hope you don't mind. I read that you are having problems with your pictures and have yet to find a solution. I think I might be able to help. If you have windows photo gallery or some kind of program where you can view your pictures open your pictures and then at the bottom it should give you options to go to the next picture or zoom in or rotate, click on the button to rotate until you have your picture facing the desired way, then click to the next picture and by doing that you save the picture you just rotated and it should stay like that. Now this is if you have Windows photo gallery, but I am sure it is very similar to any other program you use to view your pictures. I hope this helps you and if you have any problems maybe I can help. Or if I didn't make sense then let me know.

Ranee` said...

It must be awesome to have new furniture in any variety. I do happen to have matching furniture, but only because it came with the house...and it's not that pretty... ;) As for singing time...I only have one to do because we do jr and sr. together, there are not enough kids in primary, which is a challenge in itself to get something that is okay for all ages, but I made do. Nursery I usually keep pretty simple. I have about four pictures (because we have four kids in nursery, also nice...) and they each get one and then we sing the song that goes with it. I try not to change it up too much because I want them to learn the songs and know them. Yes, of course my kids are angels...! Just kidding. I tend to ask the ones that are singing loud (but nice) and that are being reverent for help, and with only about twenty to thirty kids in primary, its not too difficult to keep them under control. Singing time is second for them, so I also let them get away with a lot, not too much, but I don't demand total quiet or total attention after they've already been quiet for sharing time for thirty minutes. I don't do anything special, actually, I guess the teachers just help out a log and it works out. Of course there are some days when everyone is loud and a wiggle song just doesn't cut it, so I just sit and wait quietly until they've calmed down. Hope that helps! I don't know if you have my e-mail address, but its the same as high school (accent_01@yahoo.com) you can e-mail me there if you want and then I don't have to leave these book length comments!! ;)

laura said...

Love the couch! We used to have the ugliest couch too but I bought tan couch covers while we used them. I still have two. Too bad we don't live closer I could have given them to you. That's exciting about your class. I just did a majorly intense class today and I am so sore already!

laura said...

Oh ya and Dallas does have a brother named Blue. Well his real name is Porter Blue but everyone calls him Blue. It goes Blue, Dallas, Taylor, Natasha, Houston, and Jenn. Just so you know! :)