Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Here's me, Steton and Oprah. Steston and I were very festive in our red clothes. I thought Michael would jump on the bandwagon too, but he wore yellow instead.
Happy Valentine's Day! Here's what we did: Michael left me a sweet note where I could see it before he left for school today, then at lunch time, Stetson and I went and picked him up and went to Wingers. I had their deluxe chicken sandwich and it might have been the best chicken sandwich I've ever had. It was delish. They have an amazing sauce that is to die for that they put on their wings and sandwiches. Michael had a hamburger. Then we went to Wal-mart where Michael picked up some things for the delicious dinner he fixed me tonight. After I dropped Michael off for his afternoon classes, I checked the mail and got the annual Valentine's Day card from my dad. Ever since I was a little girl, he's gotten me a Valentine's Day card. When I would come home from school, there would be a pink card with my name on it in capital letters sitting on my pillow, sometimes with chocolates or something. But that's not what mattered, what mattered is that I had a dad that did this for me every year and I knew he loved me!! After that, Stetson took his 3:00 nap I and made Valentine cookies. When Michael came home he fixed us a really good Valentine's Day dinner (steak, baked potato with all the fixings, salad, corn and welch's sparkling grape juice (so good). And tonight he said he's going to give me a 30 minute back rub. Wew hoo!! Well that is our Valentine's Day!! Everyone tell me what you did. Oh, and I got something for Michael, too. I got a bunch of his favorite treats, like squeeze cheese and wheat thins, (got that idea from Michael's mom) hot chocolate packets, kool-aid packets (remember he loves drinks AND we're poor college students) chips and salsa, pop, m&m's and a card and had them laid out when he came downstairs this morning with a sign taped on the wall saying "happy valentine's day Michael" and balloons.















we bought this grill today at Wal-mart for like $17. Michael pretty much loves it and it will probably be well used.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy V Day! I'm glad that Michael was good to you. His dinner looks fantastic. Joseph cooked for me, too! You are so pretty, too!

Lauren said...

Forgot to tell you that I LOVE WINGERS! My favorite there is the loaded chicken. YUMMY.

laura said...

Wow sounds like a very festive Valentines Day! We had Rachel in town along with Matt and Rebecca who are here for the gem show (it is the biggest one in the world so they come every year). We all went out for mexican food. It was fun, Dallas and I are going on a date Saturday night and I am so excited to get out and do something!

Ranee` said...

I would say I wish that my husband would cook me dinner, but I'd rather have something other than mac and cheese on valentine's day! Besides, I'd end up doing the dishes. (At one point Adam actually did suggest me cooking dinner and us renting a movie...) You are lucky that your husbands love to cook, but I'm not so sure how I'd feel about my husband in my kitchen...I'm a little perfectionist about that and I'm not sure I'd be able to find anything the next time I looked!!

rachel lee said...

Good times! I will still be in Utah for the new job. Come visit!!