Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Life in Laramie


Last Saturday we took Stetson outside for a little while because it was so nice! As you can see, most of the snow is melted. Then it was nice on Sunday too (always is), then yesterday (Monday) it snowed ALL day. I went to Wal-mart last night for groceries and as I was walking back to my car, pushing my cart through the snow, unloading my groceries in 22 degree weather, then scraping pure ice off my windshield, I asked myself, "why do I live in Wyoming again?" I'm just a wimp, I know this to be true. My husband will second that. Its this time of year that I long for California, and any state that doesn't get much snow for that matter. Well enough of my whining. At least I don't have to ride a bike through it. (Michael rides his bike to school every day) I just can't believe he hasn't biffed it yet. Maybe he has, he just doesn't want me to know. :-) When I was attending college in Rexburg (also known as Iceburg) me and my roommates had a "biff chart" during winter with all our names and every time we "ate it" we put a tally under our name. We had to walk through a huge icy parking lot to get from our complex to campus, and it was like the death pit because it was so easy to fall. I remember falling there once, and it felt like I did 2 flips in the air I fell so hard. :( As sad as it is though, it was really funny, too. The best is when you see someone trip and then they start running so it looks like they didn't trip. Stetson's sleeping so I'm going to keep rambling on.


Michael is speaking in church a week from this Sunday on "The need for repentance." Interesting topic, but a good one. He has been so busy with school. It feels like midterms. Yesterday he woke up at 4:30 to study for a test he had. Today he got up with Stetson at 6:05 and brought him downstairs to study. Its so weird, Stetson used to sleep until at least 7, sometimes almost 8, and now he's getting up much earlier.


Well we're all pulling for Jared (Michael's little bro) to make it to state wrestling this year so we can go to Casper and watch him wrestle. Plus it would be really fun to go to see everyone. One of the hardest things about living far from family is that they miss out on all the cute things your kids do. There's SO many times I'm home alone with Stetson, and he does something outrageously cute and I wish someone else could be there to witness it. My fav is when he's just happy as a clam walking all over the house making sounds like "da, da, da" at the TOP of his lungs. Well Stetson's awake now, so I'm off.




4 comments:

Kara said...

Your memories of Rexburg make me laugh...I actually laughed out loud when I was reading it. I remember hating to walk around the campus at Ricks for fear of falling. I don't think I ever fell, but I witnessed lots of others "biffing it". One in particular was the tall skinny guy in tight Wrangler jeans and pointy-toed cowboy boots. He was happily skipping along without a care in the world. When I noticed him I thought to myself...he is going to eat it hard. I no sooner had the thought out of my mind when he slipped and fell flat on his rear-end. I about died laughing. My roommates and I should have kept some chart or memory log of all the falls we witnessed or took part in. I too love your blog. You have such a cute little family.
Have a good week!

Lauren said...

I hear you on the nasty Wyoming weather. It's definitely strange being here in Arizona in 70 degree weather IN FEBRUARY. Weird. I know exactly how you feel about being far from family. It's been SO HARD, but it's what we're supposed to do. Did you know that we're coming to Laramie for a week? Yep, on February 24-28 we'll be there. Maybe we'll run into each other. Are you still in Joseph's parents ward? We'll be there that Sunday, the 24th.

Ranee` said...

Hey, hopefully I'll see you at state wrestling too! If my bro makes it, Adam actually wants to go down (weird...) Actually, Dave and Anna Sibbett just bought a house down there and we want to see it and they said we could stay with them. You can Lauren make me feel like a slacker and I've been posting way more than usual lately!!

Ranee` said...

your idea about turning it into a family journal is awesome! That is so cool!
No unfortunately, our house will not be done with this room is done. There is an entryway and another larger bedroom that need to be finished before we can carpet and put flooring down...:( But Adam is moving right along and with me to bug him hopefully it will be done by the middle of the summer or something. I'm actually hoping for May but I know not to hold my breath! It is about a block down from Adam's parents, kiddy-corner to the baseball fields.