Saturday, February 9, 2008

I heart you!!




Today has been pretty uneventful-- we had blueberry pancakes for breakfast, Stetson had his 10:00 nap and I headed off to the half acre and then washed the car (its finally above freezing so I can wash the car and the doors won't freeze shut!! yay!!) and came home. The best part of our day so far was getting a package!! Grandma Asay sent some cute goodies for Stetson's Valentine's Day. Stetson loved reaching his hand in the package and pulling stuff out. He's been walking around with 2 reeses's that were in the package ever since he got it. He bangs them together and sets them down and picks them up again. Well I got a really good recipe from my friend Cara's blog. Its called Mexican shepherd pie and its soo easy and really good. We made it last night. Here's the recipe:




Mexican Shepherd's Pie


1 lb. hamburger


1 onion, chopped


garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste


1 packet taco seasoning


3/4 c. water


1 can diced tomatoes


1 can corn


1 cornbread muffin mix


cheese, grated


brown hamburger with onion, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Add the water and taco seasoning. Add the corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a greased 9x13 dish. Prepare the cornbread mix according to the directions. Spread over the meat mixture in the dish and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Garnish with grated cheese, olives, and sour cream.






1 comment:

laura said...

I think that first picture is the cutest picture of Stetson I have ever seen! I am going to have to try that recipe it sounds yummy. I am always in need of good easy things to make! I enjoyed reading about you and Michael, he sounds so sweet and I am still so jealous that he cooks!