Monday, March 2, 2009

A day of firsts

We went to state wrestling in Casper on Saturday to watch Jared and had a great time. It was Kandace's first "trip" and yesterday was her first time wearing a dress and tights, her first trip to church, and her first time meeting her great-grandpa Monk. The whole outfit was a little ridiculous since she was practically drowning in it, but she still looked pretty. :) It was nice to go to church again and see our friends and do my calling. Gmpa Monk brought a book for Stetson with lots of pictures, numbers and letters so he was pretty excited about that, and he brought a blanket for Kandace. Thanks gmpa Monk & Donna.

We're enjoying BEAUTIFUL weather today. Hopefully the whole week is like this. We need some sun!

8 comments:

KrIStiN said...

she is too cute!

Sarah R said...

Emily, it was good to have you back at church (and not just to do your calling), and Kandace looked adorable in her dress!

Kimberly said...

Emily Simmons Asay! I am so mad at you! I cannot believe you were in Casper and did not come to see me - especially when you have a brand new baby that I want to see! O.k. I'm not really mad, but I am hurt! Glad things are going well!

Jill Asay said...

Kandace looks so cute in her little dress!

Mark & Shayla said...

Kandace is so beautiful!! Sunday was our first day back at church too--and Sam slept through all of church, it was wonderful!

Brenda said...

Kandace is beautiful! I always like looking at pictures of your sweet family.

jsmbbaker said...

What a sweet little girl! I think she looks a lot like Stetson!

laura said...

She has a beautiful dark complection!!