Wednesday, March 11, 2009

1 month old


So our little girl turned 1 month old yesterday. This is already going by too fast, its scary. Yesterday I was doing something with Stetson (putting him down for his nap I think) and he did something ridiculously cute (not an uncommon occurence) and I wanted to freeze time because I know it flies by and he won't be my little 2 year old forever. I hope he knows how much I love him. Anyway, Kandace had her 1 mnth weight check yesterday and she was about 8 lbs 9 oz so she's gaining weight which is great. Michael brought a cold home a few days ago, passed it to Stetson, Steston passed it to Kandace and now I'm getting it. I did have Stetson and Kandace both checked out at the clinic yesterday for their colds. Everything looks fine, they just have a little cold that needs to run its course. I am really thankful that our family has always been blessed with such good health. This is the only time Stetson's ever been sick besides runny noses accompanied with new teeth.

For Michael's bday yesterday we went to a nice restaurant here in Laramie, Altitude and it was pretty good. Michael had a blackened sirloin steak, I had a chicken pasta thing and Stetson had a personal cheese pizza and he LOVED it. He was definitely the entertainment for the evening. He loves to ask us to identify things like letters, numbers, animals (I wonder where he got that?) and then he'll ask us what sound they make, followed by "good job, mommy!" Or daddy or whoever. We're pretty crazy about him. Michael requested the cheesecake his mom makes so I got the recipe and voila. It was really easy and pretty delish. s
so maybe Michael was a little excited about the cheesecake...

every time we celebrate a birthday Stetson thinks its his--so funny, so Michael let him blow out the candle at Altitude and home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is sooo Cute! I bet you are loving every minute of it, and time does fly by too quick!
Looks like a great birthday.

KrIStiN said...

Guess what.. my little kaydree is sick too, it's also a cold, I had her checked for RSV it came back negative..thank goodness! I love firsts and sometimes I HATE THEM!!

Kimberly said...

That cheesecake looks soooo yummy! I swear that your second baby grows up so much faster than the first. At least that's what it was like with Hailey and Kennedy. I'm glad you're trying to just enjoy it all.

Brenda said...

Kids do grow up fast. Good for you for savoring the moments.
Yummy looking cheese cake.
And you look fabulous!

Kylee said...

I agree, you do look fab. I'm really really jealous of you right now. p.s. This is Kylee from highschool. :) Long Time eh?