Monday, November 3, 2008

So fun


We had such a good weekend. We got Stetson dressed up in his spider costume and took him to the stake trunk or treat which ended up being so fun. Last year when we took Stetson he couldn't walk or anything so we carried him around and got his candy for him and it was mostly just for us (he totally didn't get it). I kind of expected the same thing this year, but I was wrong. He was SO cute. As we started making our loop around the parking lot, he was kind of timid and weirded out by the whole concept but as the crowd thinned out and he started to figure it out, he really liked it. I'd hold his little bag and help him say trick or treat and he just watched in awe as people kept putting candy in his little bag again and again. He really liked it when he got to pick his own candy and then he'd put it carefully in his little bag. So cute. I can't wait 'til he gets even older and can get into it even more. He looked really cute too.

Well here's the rest of our weekend story. Before we went to the trunk or treat, we decided last minute to go to Lovell for the weekend and help Stan with beets and cows. So we packed like mad men, took a few pics of Stetson in front of the pumpkins and made a mad dash for the trunk or treat. We ended up leaving about 6:45 pm. I drove 'til Riverton then Michael took over. The trip actually went by quick--having Stetson asleep the majority of the trip made it a lot easier. We got there about 1 am, got up the next morning and got to work (well the boys did). It was SO fun to be outside with Stetson, spend time with Michael's family and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weather. It was seriously perfect. We got home last night aroudn 11, hit the sack and now its back to life in Laramie. Our ultra sound is tomrrow. Woot!! Wish us luck.
playing outside at Grandpa & Grandma's

8 comments:

Em said...

what a cute little spider! I hope everything goes well for you guys during your next ultrasound.

Emily S. said...

Stetson looks so cute in his costume! I can just picture his little face as candy gets put in his bag! So fun when they are so little, it is still fun as they get older too!!!

The Simmons Six said...

It is so fun to remember what it is like to do things for the first time. I love Stetson's costume. Have a great week good luck with the ultra sound

Brenda said...

Thanks for being a delivery person again! It was great to see you guys! I'll be praying for you tomorrow.

Jill Asay said...

Stetson makes such a cute spider! I'm so glad that you guys had a fun time!

nina said...

What a cute little costume, I love it!

laura said...

That is the cutest little spider I have ever seen! That is funny what you said about my dad, I hadn't noticed that.

Mandi Burrell said...

Adorable Pictures. You are turning into miss crafty, I love the cookie idea. Drew and I want to visit my cousin in Denver, and we thought on the way we need to met up with you and Becky somewhere! So plan on it... cause I miss you.