Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude "J"


I’m grateful for Jan asay. She is my mother in-law. And she is amazing. One example: When Michael and I were dating, we were really “on and off” (and I admit it was my fault), and I’m sure I drove her crazy for putting her son through the craziness, and I was sure that one of the million times I came through her door to see Michael she was going to rip me a new one or at LEAST give me a deserved dirty look but she ALWAYS greeted me with the happiest “well hello!!...how are you!!??” you’ve ever heard. She’s just that kind of person—Michael calls it the “Monk (her maiden name) magnetism.” She has sacrificed her whole life for her family and given her all. I hope I can be half the mother she is (and I hope she saved me a Sees candy for Thanksgiving). Just kidding Jan.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Jan is a great person to be thankful for. I too think she is great...so fun and beautiful... among many other great qualities.

I'm sure she is grateful that she has you as a daughter-in-law as well. :)

Brenda said...

Dito to what Teri said! Jan tells me all the time how much she loves her girls. I have to agree with her, the Asay boys have all picked very well.

nina said...

Hey Emily,
I think it was you that was looking for girls clothes, right? Any way, I just read on Becky Rael's blog that she is selling tons of girls clothes from when her girls were babies for really good prices. Just thought you might be interested. Her link is on my blog if you don't have it.