Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving thanks


Rachel made homemade egg nog on Thanksgiving and egg nog mustaches quickly gained popularity as you can see. Well we had a GREAT Thanksgiving. As we were driving home this morning I couldn't believe how fast it went by. Seriously. Anyway, we got to do lots of fun things. We got to my dad's Wednesday night and headed to pizza hut with the fam. The next day we enjoyed a DELISH Thanksgiving feast with the Asay's and then headed to my dad's for round 2. I'm not so much looking forward to the "weigh in" portion of my next doctor's visit. maybe I'll ask if I can just skip it, because I'm pretty sure I've put on a few in just the last week. Anyway, the next day we kept tradition alive by "preg testing" (checking to see which cows are pregnant so they can sell them/vaccinating). My nephew Travis who LOVES anything cowboy got to come join the fun. He stayed out with the boys all day and helped "chase the cows." :) The next day I went and helped dad decorate his Christmas tree and we saw Joel for a few minutes. He's working and going to school in Billings and has a pretty crazy schedule. Stetson wasn't shy at all and jumped up in his arms and thoroughly enjoyed his flips in the airs with Joel.

now THAT'S a milk mustache
Cowboy Travis helping with cows (don't worry Rachel, I'll send you more pictures.)
Asay grandkids (l-r: Stetson, Travis & Carson)
I give my dad a hard time sometimes when I go home because if I ever want to bake something I usually have to run to my aunt Marguerite's to get the ingredients because he doesn't usually have staple items like baking powder and vanilla, because he doesn't bake, but one thing you can ALWAYS count on him having is a Costco box of cheerios and honey nut cheerios, and Stetson knows exactly where they are every time we go home and he goes straight to them and requests a good 'ol bowl of honey nut. I thought this was a cute shot of Steston enjoying his favorite treat at Grandpa's.

Stetson LOVED being thrown up in the air by his giant uncle Joel.

3 comments:

The Simmons Six said...

Hey I love your post! I would love those pics of Trav.

Laura said...

How fun! Stetson is such a big kid now! I bet he has fun playing with his cousins. Tylie needs some on the Foulger side!

Kimberly said...

I LOVE the milk mustaches! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Are you going home for Christmas?