Wednesday, December 3, 2008

This is a fun Christmas survey I found on Janessa's blog. Its fun and gets you in the spirit--you should do it!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? I've always liked real better, but when you live in a 2 bedroom apt, you have to compromise :)

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I'm over this nasty cold

4. When do you take the tree down? when we get back from Christmas break

5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE LOVE LOVE it but its pretty high in the kcals if ya know what i mean

6. Favorite gift received as a child? oh man, i thought everything i got was the greatest--i was pretty easy to please, but I remember one year I was obsessed with dolls and had a huge doll collection I got this really big life-like doll that was almost as big as I was.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Probably Michael

8. Easiest person to buy for? Stetson (its pretty easy when they're more into the wrapping paper than the present :)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? 2, neither of which I've set up yet

10. Best Christmas gift you ever received? One year my dad had my friend from high school and I think one other person pick out a bunch of clothes they knew I'd like, and like them I did. I was so surprised and excited to have new clothes I really liked :)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm...I think fruit cake is gross, my grandma and my mom are notorious for their...interesting presents. Any family members reading this will understand

12. Favorite Christmas Movie (s)Home Alone--it brings back so many memories and ALWAYS puts me in the Christmas mood. Plus it has a great message I think

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can, so whenever Michael's available which might not be for a while...anyone wanna go with me?? :)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?? I don't think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Egg nog or Christmas sugar cookies

16. Lights on the tree? heck yes

17. Favorite Christmas song? I could never pick one--they're all great

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? probably travel even though last year when we filled EVERY crevice of our little malibou for the trek home after Christmas we vowed never to do it again...lol

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and RUDOLPH Thanks for the answers Janessa :)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I think we have a star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? we open pajamas at Asay's Christmas Eve, other than that we open them all Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Can't think of anything.

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We don't really have a set thing we have for Christmas dinner, turkey is always good, so is Jan's spinach salad :)

24. Do you send Christmas cards? We did last year. I think we'll do it every other year.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a bookshelf for all of Michael's school books, couch cover, gift card to the buckle or Ross or Olive Garden:)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love Jan's spinach salad too! That was fun to read.

Jill Asay said...

Have you guys decided if you are going home for Christmas yet? What happened to your couch that you need a cover for...or are you just being prepared?! I know how those little fingers are!!!

Nick & Lindi said...

Hey are you guys going home fore Christmas? Can we get your address? Thanks

nina said...

Cute survey! I stole it for my blog too. Hope you don't mind.

Unknown said...

Eggnog Gross! I really enjoyed reading your answers. The more I learn about your dad the better I like him and I liked him when I first met him. I wonder where he comes up with all his brilliant ideas to keep his daughter happy.