Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gratitude Z


I saw this GREAT idea on my friend Cara's blog. For every day of the month you choose something you're grateful for that starts with a letter of the alphabet. I'm starting at Z and working my way up.

I am thankful for Zest. This was a tricky one to come up with, and i actually had to look up words starting with "z" in the dictionary to come up with it. I'm grateful for people and things that give zest to life i.e. good food, music, books, art, etc. The first person I thought of when I decided on this word was my grandma Foulger (my mom's mom). There should be a picture of her in the dictionary next to the word zest. My grandma is over 70 and still goes out dancing every weekend. When I lived with her while I student taught, she got home later than I did. She never passes up an opporunity to learn something new, see something beautiful and then share it with someone else. She looks for beauty in everything and truly appreciates the little things in life.

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

Love your family picture on the top! Great idea from your friend, I started a gratitude journal on November 1 and everyday I am writing something I am grateful for! It is amazing how much we have to be grateful and how much more I realize I am blessed because of doing this, and it is only the 6th day!!

Ashlie said...

I happened upon your blog through Laura Haught's blog. She's in my ward down here. When I saw Wyoming of course I had to hop over and take a peek. (I'm from Wyoming.) Hope you don't mind. It's easy to see you are a great person and I thought, ya know sometimes it's nice to hear that. So, I think you are awesome. Have a great day. :)