Saturday, April 26, 2008

I survived

Here we are before the insanity began...
Well I made it--here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure. It was 23 degrees when we pulled out of Rainbow this morning, and it wasn't any better by the time we got there, so I had on a beenie, gloves and a jacket over my shirt and sweat pants. By the half way mark I was burning up, so I took off my beenie, but I didn't want to take off my jacket because that's what my number was pinned to, but I did anyway because I was so hot. Anyway, if I ever do this again, I'll train better, for sure. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

This was right before the finish line-- I was wanting to die right about here


My #1 fan

We went to Perkins afterwards to make up for all the calories we burned... :)

6 comments:

nina said...

Good job Emily! I never would have been able to make it in that kind of weather. It would have been burning my lungs for sure!

Ranee` said...

Wow, that is so awesome that you ran a 5k. I'm totally impressed and wishing I could do something like that...but I hate running! ;) Great job.

Em said...

That is cool you got through it without any training before. I know of a couple other races that you might want to do that are in Laramie. The Happiness 5K is in May sometime and then a Duathon in June sometime where you bike like 26 miles and run like 3 miles. Just thought you might be interested.

Mark & Shayla said...

Emily you have been my 5k hero since our freshman year of college and you will be forever and ever!

Jill Asay said...

Yay for you! I would have given up when I woke up that morning and say all the snow outside...way to be!

rachel lee said...

Looks cold!!! Good job!