Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy 25th Birthday Shayla!! (4.10.83)



I just have to say a few things about this wonderful person whose 25th birthday we celebrate today. Shay and I didn’t become friends until high school, and lets just say, from then on, good times were had by all. Between Kade and his blood red hot dogs and regular excursions to China Town, Shayla made my life a little sweeter every day.
We decided to be roomies at BYU-I, where many more good times were “had by all” but lets just say she put up with me and has remained my friend throughout all my ridiculousness and that in and of itself is something.
25 cool things/fun memories about Shay on her 25th bday

1. Ridiculously smart (for real, she is)
2. Really good at any kind of game, you name it, she'll kick your trash (I’ve never beat her at ANYTHING)
3. Good vball player
4. Great mom
5. Great wife
6. Great friend
7. Great sister
8. Great aunt
9. Patient
10. Loving
11. Gentle
12. Great sense of humor
13. Good listener
14. Loves Tim McGraw
15. Gorgeous voice
Remember…
16. Eating cold hot chocolate at homecoming jnr year?
17. Climbing to castle rock (and the blood red hot dogs, of course)?
18. Foreign exchange students during vball during practice (remember the ones that were really bad??) and Shannon goofing off at every vball practice?
19. And we got roomed with one of them at regionals and she like drank coffee???!!
20. At jnr. prom during the royalty dance when that one guy stepped on a light and broke it and you could hear a really loud pop?
21. Getting caught on the roof…
22. Javid?
23. Peg Hansen?
24. Leader of the Pack? and We Are Family??? ha ha ha
25. Mr. Corbett?

Hope you have a great day, can't wait to see you and baby Jay (and Mark too I guess jk) hopefully in Wyoming some time!!

4 comments:

nina said...

Yes, SHayla is the best isn't she? I couldn't ask for a greater person to have for a sister in law.

Mark & Shayla said...

Emily, I love you!! I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I don't think I've always deserved to have such a great friend. I am so grateful for our friendship. Thank you so much for everything. You are beautiful and amazing. I can't wait to see you and relive all of our "good times"!

rachel lee said...

Hey, tell Todd and Emily to add me so I can make comments on their blog!

Lauren said...

Cute post about Shayla! I want to see her blog. Can you tell her that I want an invite?