Monday, July 1, 2013

swimming lessons


Ever since swim lessons ended last year,t his girl has been asking me on a regular basis when it would be time to go back and finally the day came! Kandace loves swimming lessons and loved her teacher.  She's very brave in the water and really doesn't have any fear.  Its fun to watch her.  She made a note for her swim teacher Ashlee.

Another years of swimming lessons!!!!  Stetson passed level 2 this year and Kandace passed level 1.  Stetson and I kind had a rough patch on the last day of lessons.  I had an extra kid that day I was watching and so I was already spread a little thin trying to wrestle 4 kids in that sauna.  Stetson wanted to make a thank you card for his teachers which he did the night before. On the day of, he made a picture of each teacher on separate peices of paper with their names to give with the card.  Well when Stetson got into the lobby he realized they were gone (I had no idea we'd left them in the van and why he was frantically tearing out peices of paper from my address book he'd brought in (trying to make new pics for his teachers) but I knew it was time for his lesson to start and I took his pen and told him to get going. I knew it was a bad idea and that he was not going to be happy but I did it anyway. After I sent him in the locker room I watched for him to go out to lessons and join his class but he didn't so I sent one of the dads to go in after him and waited..and waited...and finally found him right outside the locker room crying and I felt sooooo bad.  I felt even worse when I went out to the van and saw the 2 pics he'd left that he was trying to replicate.  He is so particular about things and I love it about him sometimes but in a situation that day where I had extra kids and it was 100 degrees in there I wasn't having it.  Hard moment for a mom but I think its important to remember some of the hard times and learn from mistakes I guess.  Stetson did great in lessons and I'm proud of him.

No comments: