Saturday, July 13, 2013

moving to Billings

The night of Janelle's birthday was when the real work began as far as moving, but I didn't know we were doing any loading that night until Michael's brothers and this horse trailor showed up in my driveway.  We had quite a few boxes packed but were a little unorganized.  Things never slowed down from that point until our first night in Billings 2 days later.  I told Michael the only way I'm ever moving again is if the process can be a little more spread out.  He said the only way he's ever moving again is if we have a moving company.  Smart man.  We couldn't have done it without lots of help from friends and family.  Jared &  Jacob were rockstars and took the first load over with Michael Thur morning.  Stetson and Kandace went along so I could focus on packing.  That day (July 4th) dad was over almost all day helping clean and the sister missionaries came over in the afternoon and cleaned my fridge and stove.  So grateful for that.  That night once Michael was home we headed to Asays for a July 4th picnic (indoor, weather was nuts), left the kids there for a sleepover then Michael and I headed home about 9pm and packed some more 'til about midnight.  Fri morning we woke up and dad came again and I called gma Dorothy last minute for some extra help with cleaning and we were off about noon for the last time.  Jared and Jacob had already left with Michael that morning about 10 I think and unloaded everything (those 3 did all the grunt work and I appreciate them so much).  Once we arrived in Billings that afternoon we unloaded like crazy, I tried to put stuff away and organize but got burnt out.  Emily and the boys came and helped a little.  Dad, Michael, Jared & Jacob took off to take the trailor back and get the kiddos who had been at grandma Asays the whole time so they wouldn't be in the way and it was so nice.  Joel & Kambrie came that day too and did a ton.  Kambrie organized my whole kitchen, Joel put together Janelle's crib, emptied every box in sight and helped "decorate."  :)  They switched the furniture around in the living room about 5 times I think going for the perfect arrangement.  I sat on the couch and watched.  At like 8 we went and got dinner at Wendy's, came home and waited for the Michael and the kids to get home.  I have never slept so good in a new place.  I zonked out good.  Sun morning it was back to Lovell for William Kade's baby blessing.  After that we went to Asay's so Michael's dad could give him a father's blessing and then we went to see Daniel & Kasi's new baby Paige and then back to Brenda's house for a couple things we forgot and then Todd & Emily's for dinner then "Home" to Billings.




Kandace and Janelle love horsie rides from gpa Simmons and gpa Asay.

even Janelle's baby got a ride.

William Kade & aunt Kambrie.  After a week in Billings life is sort of feeling a little normal again.  I got to go to the temple today and loved it.  I feel so lucky to be 10 minutes from a temple and plan on taking advantage of that opportunity.  

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

So glad that your move went well. But I am still so so sad that you guys are gone. Jay asked to stop at your house yesterday and then cried when I told him you guys had moved!