Monday, July 29, 2013

blessings and farewells

Michael showed up at mike n rachel's first this Sunday morning (allelujia chorus) and helped everyone get ready for church.  First was baby Paige's blessing.  This happened to be in our old ward so it was fun to see familiar faces.  Weird though.  There is definitely a special feeling you have when you attend your own ward where your membership is, even if you're new. 3rd ward in Lovell didn't feel like our ward anymore.  They just changed the boundaries for our Billings ward yesterday so we have a new bishop and the only 2 moms I knew are in different wards now, but I'm okay with it.  I love having a ward family.  I know its Heavenly Father's way of taking care of us and that having responsibilities and people to serve is so fundamental to our happiness and his great plan.  We're only going to have sacrament the next 2 weeks while they're figuring out all the callings and such and I'm sad about it.  I hate for my kids to miss primary and for me to not have RS and those connections with other people.   Back to Sunday, Janelle loves babies and she got to hold a real live baby on Sunday!  Love it. 

Elder Asay gave a great farewell talk.  We are happy for him and this great experience that awaits him but we are going to miss Jacob.  My kids love him.  Janelle is really finicky about people, even people she sees a lot, but she almost always goes to Jacob and Stetson and Kandace adore him.  He babysat for us quite a big on a last minute's notice and we appreciate his example, sense of humor and laid back personality.

Didn't get a great family shot, maybe next time. lol

My favorite pic from our whole weekend.

2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

Sounds like you guys had an eventful And full weekend! The pictures of kandace and Jacob are priceless! He will be one missed uncle!!

The Asay's said...

I love the that picture of of Kandace and Jacob. So cute.