Sunday, February 10, 2013

We got a new deacon in our Sunday school class---kind of caught me off guard but I was excited to have him!  Our lesson was teaching with the spirit and it went awesome.  I always pray that the kids in my class will be touched by the spirit and that the spirit will confirm the truths I teach and I think we had success today. At the end of each lesson we sort of re cap and try to make connections between different lessons and experiences outside of class and I was telling our new student about last week's lesson (recognizing the Lord's hand) and he gave me an example in his own life!  I had this kid in scouts and he was really quiet and I honestly didn't expect much participation from him today but when he shared a story about tender merices I was so touched.  I asked the kids if they could give examples (I bribed them with treats if they would write one tender mercy in their journal each day).  This kid said his dad was down in the basement and had locked the door so the cat wouldn't get in and then realized he'd locked himself in and he was going to be late for work but he had his phone with him and was able to call for help.  I loved how this kid recognized this as a tender mercy and was willing to share it with us.  Since this was his first time, I noticed other kids take him under their wing and show kindness towards him.  It was a blessing to be in this class today.

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

I bet you are the best teacher! I need to be better and recognizing those things and WRITING them.

P.S. I am still laughing so hard at the picture of Kandace on her birthday post---her eyes and the look on her face. She is so cute!