Thursday, February 7, 2013

I am feeling so lucky and blessed right now.  I'd been putting off preparing my Sunday school lesson and I'm just getting to it now...waiting for some things to print off.  Our lesson last Sunday was "how can i learn to see Heavenly Fathers hand in all things?"  I was really excited for the lesson because it included a talk given by pres Eyring called "O Remember, Remember."  I remembered how I felt when I heard that talk for the first time--the story of pres Eyring coming home late one night, passing his father in-law who had been helping pres Eyring's family.  Right then Pres Eyring heard a voice in his mind say "I'm not giving you these experiences for you, write them down."  Pres Eyring went on to say that he decided that night that he would start recording in his journal ways he saw the Lord's hand in his life.  He did this every day no matter what and he noted that by remembering, he was able to identify ways that he wouldn't have noticed otherwise, just because we get caught in the daily grind.  He also talked about the fact that we all fail to recognize the Lord's hand in our lives and the cure is having the companionship of the Holy Ghost.  He said its so hard to do this in such a wicked world.  I agree, but I know I can do it and that I can see the Lord's hand in my life.  I bore my testimony about this talk last Sunday during fast and testimony mtg.  I was so nervous I could feel my ankles shaking and the kids in my Sunday school class said I was talking really fast.  Ha.  One of my downalls definitely.  But I was feeling prompted the entire sacramnt mtg to get up.  I put it off until finally I was the last one to bear my testimony.

I was having a hard time yesterday and looking for some sort of relief and as the day went on I saw tender mercies and ways Heavenly Father was helping me out.  They were simple things really and probably sound silly, but I'm trying to see good things in my life as blessings and not coincidence...Michael wasn't supposed to be home until 6 but I wanted to go to turbo kick at 5:30. I have a great babysitter who I just go pickup pretty much whenever I need her, but this time Stetson was sleeping (yes at 5pm), I was running late and tying to get dinner ready when I got a text from her mom saying Alea could just walk over since she was at her gmas just a couple blocks away.  I almost cried I was so happy.  Coincidence?  I don't really know but I do know Heavenly Father loves me and is mindful of me, but unfortunately I am always creating "pavillions" that keep me from feeling his presence.  So many distractions, temptations and ways to forget God.  Being a Sunday school teacher has been a tender mercy because its forced me to sit down and study the gospel.  I wish I was better.  I wish I did more to feel the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I wish I had more strength to resist temptation, but today I'm feelng good and hopefully can resolve to be a little better every day.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I just got called as a Sunday School teacher and this was the first lesson I taught! I LOVED both the talks suggested in the lesson. And it was a great reminder to look for the blessings and tender mercies throughout the week.

The Asay's said...

I love those tender mercies that help us get through the day. thanks for sharing