Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The big day

On Sunday (her actual birthday) Kadace was happy as can be--I let her pick her Sunday dress (this is usually sort of an ordeal every Sunday morning and I always give Kandace 3 or 4 choices and then let her choose from those otherwise she would wear this red one EVERY week pretty much).  So we let her choose and we even let her take her new sparkle purse to church and to top the day off she got to sit on gma Asay's lap during Sacrament since uncle Jared was reporting his mission in our ward that day. 
After church I had VT interviews then I raced home and made this cake.  My cousin Angela Richardson loaned me the cake pan, frosting bags and tips and it started out pretty easy until I tasted the dark purple frosting (that I'd already frosted onto the cake) and thought it tasted too bitter as a result of too much coloring).  I panicked and told Michael we'd have to scrape it off and start over but Michael being the cool, calm and collected one, ressured me it tasted fine (he could have been lying) but we went ahead and made the rest of the frosting trying to go easy on the coloring and it ended up good.  The actual frosting of the cake was easy, just time consuming.  I always get nervous and feel like my blood pressure must be skyrocketing when I try to make cakes for my kids but this is where my awesome husband Michael comes into the picture--I'd holler from the kitchen that I needed help and he'd come in and help me clean out frosting bags, take my blood pressure (jk) or anything else.  It was fun and I want to buy a frosting bag and tips now.



1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

The cake turned out so cute! Good job.