Thursday, February 14, 2013

skiing take 2

Michael had Mon & Tue off this week so on Tue I took Stetson skiing!  I would have loved another adult to come but dad couldn't and it was short notice to get a sitter for the girls so Michael could come, so it was just the 2 of us!  Stetson overall did really good.  We just get a 1/2 day Miami beach lift ticket (the easiest hill) and ski on it the whole time.  At the end of the Miami Beach its easy for Stetson to veer off to the wrong side which takes you down a hill and towards the lodge, which is not where we want to go because its a pain to get back towards the lift, and this proabably presented the most poblems because it was hard getting myself and Stetson back up the hill to where the lifts are.  The other thing was when I would make the mistake of getting a little too far ahead and then realize my boy had fallen down and then I had to side step up the hill and rescue him.  I was sweating in my snow clothes climbing up that hill.  He was a good sport about falling down though.  He never cried and woud just get right back up and go again.    The weather was beautiful, bright blue skies and not too many other skiers.  Stetson said his favorite part was racing me.  This pic was Stetson drinking his $3 hot chocolate in the lodge.  This was our only break we took (maybe a 1/2 hr) other than that we skiied the whole time.  Stetson is getting better and I'm loving watching him have fun.  I'm excited to go with Michael some time hopefully.

1 comment:

The Asay's said...

I love this picture of Stetson. I think it is so fun that you guys are teaching him to ski. I am sure he loves it too.