Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nella-wella-bella (8 mos)



This post is long overdue. It seems like my other kids got individual posts every month when they were babies. But it doesn't mean we love Janella any less!! This girl has more nicknames than anyone I know. The kids call her Janelley, somtimes "wellie belly." Michael calls her nella wella, nellie, and so on. I call her a little bit of everything.



Janelle turns 8 months this Friday. At her last appt she was 14.9 lbs I think (25%) but her percentile for height was in the nineties.



Janelle is a peice of heaven in our home. She nurses 3-4 times/day, takes 2 naps (morning & afternooon) and goes to bed from 8ish to 8ish. She is also eating 3 meals of babyfood/day. My favorite thing is being able to just lay her down for her naps and bedtime. She goes rigtht to sleep and I love knowing I'm going to have the structure and those 4 hrs every day no matter what, to do whatever else I need to do.



She is really vocal. We get lots of fun comments in church about our noisy babe but its fun to listen to her.



I'm not gonna lie, she loves her momma, but she loves her whole family, too. She loves to watch her sibblings run around, laugh and be silly, and they like to entertain her so its a win win.



She's doing that cute ducking thing where when she sees a stranger or less familiar face she'll duck her head right by my chest as if to say, "I'm not so sure about you."






I love giving her big 'ol kisses on her pretty cheeks and squeezing her tight.



The kids truly love her. We were all in Janelle's room the other day (Janelle was playing on the floor) and Stetson wanted me to chase him and Kandace throughout the house like superheroes and Kandace broke down and in a very concerned cry said, " what about Janelle!? We can't leave her!" It was sweet to see how much she loved her sister.
We love you Janella!! :)



2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

My boys sure like janellie too!

The Asay's said...

What a cutie. Can't believe she is 8 months old already. Our babies are growing up too fast.