Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blogging








OK so I lied. I was going to quit blogging for multiple reasons. Not that anyone cares, but I'll give you a quick lowdown. Sometimes looking at blogs is depressing to me because most people blog about only the good things and all you seem to see are sparkling clean kitchens, extravagant birthday parties and perfect families. Well I have to repeatedly tell myself that noone is perfect and a blog is merely a glimpse into people's lives and that I'm really doing ok. Plus, Michael keeps reminding me that it is ok to blog about only good things, but I somehow need to be validated that life isn't perfect and that I'm not the only one whose house gets messy and whose kids throw tantrums and pee the bed. LOL



There are some blogs that are actually really uplifting to me and I'll try to do that more in mine.



I was looking through a family member's blog the other day and it included pics of me and my kids through all different seasons of life and it brought back great memories and made me so happy! I want all that recorded for me and my family and to have blog books every eary (just got 2011's and I LOVE it, as does Michael).




So I've just finished a mini blogging marathon so scroll down to look at the posts on Kandace's birthday. Its a little out of order but you get the idea. :)


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

OH MY GOSH! I love your family picture at the top of this post! It is so perfect! By the way - do you read my blog? I have plenty of posts where things go wrong, I feel inadequate, my children are possessed, etc. :) I know what you mean though, I try to avoid all the blogs where the mom's lives are perfect.

Em said...

So glad you are not leaving the blogging world. I too hate that it seems no on is ever really honest with the world, that everything seems so perfect. It is hard but try and remember they aren't, plus I always thought you were one of the mom's that had it together. Also your family picture is adorable love it.

Jill Asay said...

I'm glad you decided to keep blogging! It's so fun to read and look back and see what has gone on in our lives!

Jill Asay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi Burrell said...

Please don't stop blogging...I feel like it is my connection to a friend I don't want to lose. P.S did you not read my last two posts? Grape Juice, Poop, biting other kids! I only have one kid and she is not that old, so I am sure there will be more posts to come. I need you, I need to read you, see you and get more Emster!