Thursday, February 16, 2012

lots of love



Valentine's day was pretty low-key this year. Michael had to work that night so we postponed our v-day dinner 'til the next night. Jan had already said she'd watch our kids on valentine's day though, so I took them over and went home to enjoy some peace and quiet! (I'm pretty awesome like that). I took a bubble bath, ate a grilled cheese sandwich and worked on my sharing time. It was bliss.

The next night was awesome though. My dad & Brenda watched the kids and we went to The Rib n Chop house. I probably never should have ever gone there to begin with when went for our anniversary a couple years back because now thats the only place I ever want to go!! I had a 10 oz baseball top sirloin and Michael had the lamb. It.was. delicious. Oh my. And we had sauted mushrooms, salad, potatoes and calamari, which was a first for us but delicious. Can't wait 'til we have another exuse to splurge and spend all our money. I told Michael we might have to live in our van after tonight but I guess it will be worth it. We had a great time. Good conversations, lots of laughs and amazing food. We left Janelle who cried the whole time but oh well.


Stetson had a Valentine's day party at school and seemed to have a blast. He always has like a million things to say right when he gets home and can hardly contain his excitement. I got a valentine from my dad and the kiddos got sweet valentine's from gma & gpa Asay. Kandace was very excited about her tatoo (tutu) and has been wearing it a lot. I made Michael another candy graham. You'll have to ask him for details on it. :) Michael wrote me a sweet note and said we could go on a cruize in November that includes Cabo as part of the destinations. We'll see if that actually happens. :) Stetson will be in school then and thats a long time to leave my kiddos.

No comments: