Thursday, February 9, 2012

My boy

I've been so impressed by Stetson lately and want to remember this. 2 or 3 months ago, Stetson started trying to read and sound out words more. I think he started in the first place because of his love of books, which is why I'm a believer in reading to your kids from infancy. Well in the last few weeks, his reading has really taken off. We got him a bunch of sight word books for Christmas and he can read almost all of them. They have little activites in the back where you fill in the blank in a sentence and he picked up on that a lot better than I thought he would.
Well the reason I'm doing this post is because Stetson made this "List" tonight right before Kandace's bday party and I thought it was so neat. The first list says sleep, brursh teeth, play, eat breakfast, then last is do what dad says. His spelling isn't correct, but I LOVE how he tried to spell it out phoenetically. I just am like any mom and think my son is great and want to remember this.
I've been telling Michael over and over that I think he's at such a great age/phase. He listens to me so good at home, he is so inquisitive, happy, eager and just excited about life. Plus he's mellow enough to put up with Kandace somewhat. He's very patient when I'm doing something and can't help him right away, he helps me with Janelle a lot by fetching the wipes and other stuff and I'm just so proud of him for the good boy he is.





2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is some really good sounding-out and some really good handwriting! You definitely have reason to be proud of him. Go Stetson!

Jill Asay said...

That's awesome! Stetson is one smart cookie!