Wednesday, August 10, 2011

wrapping up summer





I don't spend near enough time with my nephews and it makes me sad. In addition to that, I think Stetson needs more "playtime" with kids his age so he can work on his social skills a little. He's too used to being large and in charge at our house and bossing his little sister around, so I invited my nephew Adam to come and play. It was probably a pretty boring day compared to the craziness at his house with 3 older brothers to party with, but we had fun anyway!! We cleaned out and then filled up our little pool to swim in, baked cookies and then when we found out we'd get to have him a little longer than planned, we headed to the whale pool. My kids are regulars at the whale pool. I packed in a trip to the whale pool multiple times every week before Janelle was born, knowing that once baby came, getting out of the house would be seldom. Lucky for them, their dad takes them and even a friend of mine took them the other day so I could have a break. This is the first day I actually got pics of it, though. I have to say I was proud of myself for taking ALL 4 kids out of the house by myself, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. Even Janelle seemed to like her first trip to the whale pool. Stetson had a melt down right before we went home because he hates it when good things have to come to an end, and I think he was hoping Adam was coming back to our house, but instead his mom had to come get him. :(
The weather was PERFECT for pics, and I think I got some good ones. Here's our diva (doesn't anyone do her HAIR?? LOL:) In other news, our Janelley baby is 6 1/2 weeks and has been sleeping 8 hrs at night for a few days now. I still am having to wake her up to feed her at about 6am. I know she'd sleep longer but I need to for the sake of my milk supply. She is a dream. (Thank you baby wise). Her ducts aren't so clogged anymore I don't think because the gunk is clearing up. She's very alert between naps, which is fun. We like to talk to her and try to make her smile. Can't wait 'til she's even more interactive and vocal. We sure are lucky to have such great kids. I feel so blessed.

















































2 comments:

Brenda said...

Cuties!

Mandi Burrell said...

You go girl...that has got to be hard with four little ones. I am so proud of you, I can only think of how fun you are with your kids. I love the pictures and Janelle is so precious. She looks like her sister : ) so cute!