Thursday, August 4, 2011

1 month



Our girl turned 1 month yesterday. She is an angel and we are lucky to have her. Last night she slept from 10ish 'til 5 when I got her up to feed her. She's on a 3 hr schedule, so her first feeding of the day is at 7 or 7:30, then she's awake for about 45 minutes then she naps for about 2 hrs, then at 10 we start the same thing over again. The sequence of eat, awake, sleep is what gets them sleeping throug the night--I don't know why, but having their sleep organized like this dose the trick. We're pretty good about sticking to our routine in the morning and early afternoon, but by the time evening rolls around, we've usually gotten off track, depending on what we did that day, but I've been trying hard to be consistent because I think its only fair to her. She has about 8 feedings in a 24 hr period. I usually throw an extra feeding in there some time in the evening since she doesn't get up to eat at night. This is my first baby to sleep so good at night during the newborn stage. Stetson and Kandace were up to eat all the time 'til they were 2 months, when they both started sleeping through the night, becuase of Baby Wise. I always stress SO much about scheduling and having to listen to her cry, and I second guess myself during all this, but I know deep down its the best thing for our family. I think doing the best thing for your kids isn't always easy, but the payoff is good.






Janelle has smiled at me a couple times, which was wonderful. Michael is always after me trying to get her to smile for him but no such luck. :) She has a little baby acne and clogged ducts, but we're hoping it will clear up soon. We're excited to have her blessed this Sunday.

No comments: