Friday, August 26, 2011

fishing with gpa Simmons













On Tuesday 9.23.11 we got to go fishing with gpa Simmons!! Stetson and Kandace were thrilled, and loved playing and running in the wide open spaces, but Steston's favorite part was being the official worm holder and distributer. He had a special green bag with a strap that he carried so he could put his worm container back in it when he was done "distrubuting." Fishing in the Big Horns is a Simmons' tradition. Dad said that his family used to go fishing and then they would put their fish in a plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper, fry it and eat it with canned beans and have pineapple/macedanian cookies for dessert. Dad took us fishing in the Big Horns when we were little and took summer trips to Cowley from California. I remember being devoured by mosquito bites and my bros would count all my bites when we got home there were so many. I never actually caught any on my own, dad was always helping me hold the pole, but on Tue I caught 2 all by mysefl. :) After fishing we ate at Bear Lodge and came home. Thanks gpa for a great time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the first picture of your Dad and Stetson. They have the same expression. It must have been fun.