Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Independence and rasberry picking



For the longest time, Stetson didn't really like doing things by himself. I'd encourage him to play/color/create on his own, but he always wanted me by his side helping him (which means doing most of it). This was especially true with coloring. I used to love to color by myself as a kid, and I wanted Stetson to be the same, but he wasn't having it. He has always been very particular about things and he always wanted me to do things so they could be "Just right." Well since Janelle was born, Stetson has become more independent which is great, and one of the many blessings of having multiple kids, I suppose. He's been coloring, painting and building legos by himself and its been a breath of fresh air for mom.






And of course there's the rasberry picking. This is Kandace's favorite past time. EVERY time we go outside to load up in the van, she magically disappears to the back yard to pick rasberries.


















































Our baby turns 1 month old tomorrow! Post to come about that.






















3 comments:

nina said...

Mmmmm.. rasberries are so good. Makes me want to go make some jam.

Unknown said...

Landon hates to draw on his own also and both his little brothers can color better than him, hopefully one of these days he will decide it is okay. Kandace is one smart little cookie, the raspberry patch sounds like a great hangout.

Mark & Shayla said...

If you guys (Kandace) run out of raspberries just head over to Nana Julies--they have a ton still. :)