Tuesday, June 14, 2011

So sweet



And I'm not talking about the strawberries, which are very delicious. But here's what I want to remember about this day. I came home from Stetson's swimming lessons about 10:45 and Michael said "Look in the fridge, there's a surprise for you." And I found these little beauties. I've mentioned before how Michael is an avid gardener and is much more dilligent/knowledgeable about it than me. He's been fertilizing and weeding our strawberry patch for months and we're getting a great harvest so far this year, but eating them is much more fun than picking them, (unless you're Kandace, she picks/eats anything that slightly resembles fruit) so Michael went out today and picked all these strawberries just for me. He even told me not to let the kids have any of them. Ha. I am grateful for a thoughtful husband. Sort of reminds me of another incident with berries close to my heart.






In other news, Stetson has just 3 more days of swimming and he is doing awesome. Maybe he'll even pass out of toddler level!! Our pretty girl Kandace is as delighful as ever. She loves to go swimming, eat fruit, read "storybooks" and give hugs and kisses.






We're only a couple weeks from our new baby and I haven't done a THING to prepare. (Michael did buy some newborn diapers the other day). I'm so excited to have my body back and to have a sweet baby in my arms. How lucky I am.



Last night we went to Carson's tball game and then to Jill & Christian's for a killer bbq. It was awesome! We love having family close by so we can go party with them. Jill will post cute pics of it I'm sure. I'm getting lazy in picture taking.

1 comment:

Jill Asay said...

What a fun treat to come home to! They look perfect! Thanks for partying with us last night...it was fun!