Thursday, June 30, 2011

40 weeks/rag quilt/I think I'm gonna be pregnant forever

I am 40 weeks pregnant today, and still have no baby. Somehow the thrill of belly shots have completely left me, so all you get are rag quilt pics today. I have my last appt today (which I TOTALLY) didn't think I'd have). I thought the baby would be born by now. Anyhoo, A couple months ago, Michael bought me a sewing machine for my bday/mother's day. Well I very courageously opened it almost the next day and...ready for this?? THREADED IT BY MYSELF! This is a big deal. Sewing machines scare me--bobbines, thread, all of it, but I did it. I won't mention how many times I had to watch the "how-to" video, but I did it. Unoforunately, that's where my ambitions left me until last Sunday night when I googled easy sewing projects for beginners and found a rag quilt pattern. I printed it off and headed to Mayes first this Monday morning, and by Tuesday night, I was done! Brenda came and supervised while I started the actual sewing, and even sewed 2 of the colulmns together (oh and held the reverse switch 'til I got the hang of it) and then I did the rest. It was fun, satisfying and I'm so glad to know how to do something domestic. I'm hoping to learn more and more and be able to teach Kandace how to sew one day. My neice's bday is in August so her mom sent me a pic of her room so I could make her a rag quilt that matched her bdrm decor/favorite colors. I really wanted to use the machine before the baby came and keep myself occupied. Looks like I'll need another project...here's some pics of it step by step






































The finished product!! (With my very beautiful model)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. 1st...that you did it while 40 weeks pregnant, and that you did it. I hate sewing myself but learned how to sew a quilt last summer. I had a ton of tutoring but now I want to give it a shot by myself.

That is awesome. Good luck with the little one:)

Kristin said...

Way to go! I have yet to do a quilt, and I am a way beginner, but it's fun! The quilt is way cute!

Kim said...

Yay for 40 weeks!!! Baby will be here in no time. I love the quilt, that is my standard baby shower gift to give.

Brenda said...

That looks Great Emily! Yay for you!

nina said...

Great job! now I want to try and make one.

Mark & Shayla said...

Very impressed Em. It turned out super cute! Hope to see that baby soon!

Trish said...

Great job on the quilt! A rag quilt was my first sewing project too! Maybe your baby just wants to be born on the 4th? :o) Good luck and I hope he/she comes soon!!!

Linda said...

I'm so glad that forever finally came.