Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mustang days 2011 and 39 weeks



Yesterday was our big day of festivities for Mustang Days. We actually kicked things off Fri. night at the western sugar park where Michael and his class had their 10 year (WHAT??) reunion bbq. Then Sat. morning was the parade.



I was so proud when Michael's float went by and I saw my big handsome husband up there with his friends. So glad he's mine. After that we had yet another bbq at the park for the reunion, this time with kiddos in tow. It was fun to get together and see old friends. Amazing how time flies. Mine is next month. I'm 39 weeks now and so excited for the most part. I have a little anxiety about things, mostly my 1st attempt at a natural delivery and having 3 kids to take care of and not just 2. Michael is taking 2 weeks off work which will be so helpful. Michael and I went and met with my doula last Thursday right before my 39 week dr. appt. I told her I was worried because I don't have a set method for pain managemnt (hypno-birthing, non-fucused awareness, etc.) and she said she thinks I'll do great and that we'll try different things and do whatever feels best. She's confident in me because I've been reading a ton and asking lots of questions via email and when we meet. I was also at her beautiful house last Tue for a picnic involving a bunch of moms, midwives, doctors and doulas. Melanie is trying to start a ripple effect in ideas about birth. She wishes that our generation and all the ones to come would view birth as a beautiful, wonderful thing and not some excruciting horrible event (like it is for some). There was a doc there from Jackson who is going to start a birthing center in conjunction with the Powell hospital, so I thought that was really exciting.



Anyway, I am so very happy that Melanie is going to be a part of this and am hoping for a great experience. Here's pics of Saturday.

















































2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You look so good! I love your hair like that. Can't wait to hear when your baby finally gets here!

Kristin said...

I'm excited to hear how things go! You will do great, and this being your third, you are a pro! :) Good luck. It will be beautiful no matter what.