Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas, New Years, 3 birthdays and 1 anniversary later

Well I cannot believe that our Christmas break has come and gone so fast. Its unreal. Even more unreal/exciting is that we will be a family of 4 next month!! Wew hoo! We had a wonderful holiday with lots of family and FOOD. I seriously have to come up with some kind of plan of attack so that when I go home for the Holidays I don't totally abandon all self-control and eat EVERYTHING. Its so hard to resist when there's delicious food EVERYWHERE you go. I was telling Michael its really a bummer that everyone brings treats at the same time in December, because people (at least me) don't appreciate them as much because there's just way too much and its overwhelming. I told Michael that in order to spread it out there should be a rule that families with last names starting with letters A-G have to bring treats in Oct, families with last names staring with letters H-M bring treats in Nov., etc. Well besides that, we really had a great time and do have such wonerful families that do SO SO much for us and we're grateful for all they do.
Michael and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary by doing what we did exactly 3 years ago, go to the temple. It was probably the highlight of our break. I wish we could go more often. Because its our anniversary I have to share what sweet things Michael did for me for Christmas. While I was in Billings with my dad, he took Steston and did his Chrsitmas shopping (doing that with a 2 year old is a lot of work by the way). He wrapped all his presents himself, 2 of which were really big and hard to wrap, and attached a handwritten note to each one explaining the present. For example, he got me one of those big body pillows that a lot of prego ladies like to use, and note on it said to: mom from: baby #2. Inside the note it said something along the lines of, "mom I know I make it hard for you to get comfortable at night, hopefully this will make your nights a little easier." I thought it was pretty sweet. Most everyone knows "our story" of how we met but I love thinking back to the days we were dating and right after he got home from his mission when my heart would skip a beat every time I'd see him and I'd get butterflies and those giddy feelings. As cheesy as it sounds, I always knew we had something special. I love you Michael, happy anniversary. Here's a poem. I wrote it in 5 minutes, so don't judge me.

Dear Dandy darling dear,
I'm writing this on my post today,
because I want you to know I love you in every way...
you are my sunshine when my days are blue,
noone can make me laugh like you do.
Thank you for being such an outstanding dad
and for being sensitive whenever I am sad.
I love you a million times you know,
and even though this poem is kind of lame,
I hope you know that more than any kind of riches or fame,
I would choose you to have with me every day,
because I love you in every way.

Well here's the pics, I won't bore you with all the details of our break, but it was fun and here's some pics to illustrate (of course after the ones of our wedding 3 years ago).



Jan and Stan the man working their magic in the kitchen.
Keeping the tradition alive of making "neeokies" for Christmas Eve dinner.
Ben helping Stetson open his presents at Gmpa Simmons'.

We got Stetson this little thing that you hammer "pegs" into and he LOVES it. My dad spent a lot of time helping Setson play with it.

Todd & Emily fixed a really yummy Christmas dinner with ham, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, this really good salad, yummy bread and other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

Stetson LOVED sitting at this little table with his cousins. I wish we had room for one in our little apt. I think Stetson would like eating at a table like this way better than in his highchair.

Carson, Jared and Stetson celebrating one of the many birthdays we celebrated over the break. Stetson thought it was his birthday every time we sang to someone. :)
Cowboy Travis sporting his new boots he got for Christmas. Michael happened to be wearing his boots, too. :)
We had a really fun time with Morgan and Fallon for the short time they got to stay.
Todd & Emily have this HUGE "Love lac" as they call it I think (its like a bean bag) that the boys like to play on.
Well that wraps up this year's Holiday Season for the Asay's. Happy New Year everyone. :) My next dr. appt. is Monday and I'm SO excited.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad you had such a fun break. I'm disappointed that you didn't put a picture of you in there somewhere! I can't believe your due date is getting so close! Have you picked out any names yet?

Brenda said...

Emily, you should have corrected me yesterday. You are 7 1/2 mos along. You look wonderful! Have you guys decided on a name yet?

Mark & Shayla said...

Glad we got to see you guys while you were here we had so much fun! Hope things go well with the end of the pregnancy.

Ranee` said...

We had some much fun playing games with you guys Friday night! I couldn't believe it when we looked at my phone and it was almost ten!

laura said...

Happy anniversary!! I can't believe you are due in a month! We need another belly shot :) Sounds like you had a great Christmas.

Raegan said...

I cannot believe how big Stetson is getting! Good luck with the baby when she comes!

David said...

Those are some oh-so-sweet holiday photos! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I LOVED the poem too! It sounds like five minutes is all you need!