Thursday, January 15, 2009


For the most part I am absolutely ecstatic about having this new baby, and very much wanting the next few weeks to FLY by but then I keep thinking about Pres. Monson's talk on "finding joy in the journey" but I'm finding it very difficult to enjoy these last few weeks but I know I should because life is going to be crazy come mid-Feb. I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I keep thinking I need to somehow relish this and enjoy it. The thought crossed my mind of having like tummy pictures taken. Is that relishing the moment?? Its funny how we look so forward to the insanity and then once we're living in it we wish we could take a step back to laid back life.

Having a newborn is seriously hard work--dealing with all the emotions, lack of sleep, stress, worry, etc. etc. and after I had Stetson and realized that for the first time, I really wanted to take my sweet time before adding to our family. As soon as our neighbors had a little baby girl when Stetson wasn't even 1, I started thinking about when the time would be right. I honestly have forgotten about the hard times and can only remember how absolutely wonderful it was. There's nothing like having a new baby in your house!! I think what excites me the most is when its a few days before my due date when I get to wake up every morning and wonder, "will this be the day??" waiting for those contractions, and when they finally come and we get to go to the hospital! I actually get excited every time we drive by it on our way to church. I've decdied that I'm going to do some things differently this time though. For one, I'm going to ENJOY it more because I didn't realize how much I'd miss it until Stetson grew out of that newborn stage. Anyway, I better get Stetson down for his nap and then I'm going to get ready to wash all the girl clothes (just another excuse to look through them all again. :)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

It's a good thing that we forget so that our kids can have siblings. We sacrifice for the things that bring us the most joy. Try to get some sleep, it's going to get a little crazy. I'm so excited to see this Asay girl.

Trish said...

You have a great attitude for this point in pregnancy! I agree it gets exciting when it's so close too.

KrIStiN said...

I know your feelings, I am so ready to be done too, I'm still so sick all the time and it's really getting old!! I've done it for eight months i guess it's time I could complain! I HATE THROWING UP!! I am excited for you guys and can't wait to see your new little girl!!

jsmbbaker said...

About the belly pictures, totally do it! And lucky you... I know some chic named Calli who just went down there today who might just be willing to do them for you! Let me know if you want her number!