Thursday, October 10, 2019

Summer 2018 road trip

 Our first stop was in Provo to visit Michael's 101 year old grandma, Mildred Stahle Asay.  As always, it was a joy to see her.  Its amazing how just being in the presence of certain people make you feel like a better person.  Through her old age, Mildred never wavered in her devotion to God and family, always making time for trips to the temple and other social activities.  Our next stop was Santa Rosa.  Santa Rosa will always and forever have a special place in my heart.  Nostalgia doesn't even begin to cover the feelings I had when I set foot on my old Bennett Valley elementary that I walked to every day.  I honestly want to camp out there and take in the sights, smells and sounds of this place I called home during what seems like another lifetime.  The last picture is my grandma's old house at Vista De Lago.  My favorite childhood memories are swimming at their pool and sleepovers and grandmas.  My mom was just telling me today how hard my grandma was on my mom and how she made my mom work so hard doing chores growing up and I know they had a strained relationship.  I think I got a totally different version of my grandma. 







No comments: