Thursday, October 10, 2019

more of Santa Rosa

 One day we went to Discovery Bay to see Mike and Rachel.  The kids had fun on the kayaks and eventually we got to ride on Clay's mastercraft and the kids tubed.  After church one day we went to the Santa Rosa Memorial Park where several of my relatives are buried.  It was a high priority on my list of things to see my grandpa's burial site.  I'd been there before but it'd been a long time   Unfortunately, all the pictures I took with my camera got wiped out so I lost the pics of my grandpa Foulger's gravestone but I got some of Julie Rae with my phone.  She is the daughter of my oldest uncle, Greg and his wife Carma.  She died suddenly of some stomach problems as an infant.  Totally tragic.  My mom emotionally told me the story of events and how they had asked my mom to dress her. Also buried there is my great grandma, Eva Howard and her daughter Marilyn (who my mom adored and was close to) who died in a car accident.  Of course we went to the armstrong groves to see some of the world's largest trees.  Its so peaceful and beautiful there.  If I lived there I would want to go there all the time and hike









No comments: