Saturday, October 12, 2019

Mexico!

 Michael and I bit the bullet and planned a trip to Mexico.  We'd been talking about going to Mexico since our Honeymoon, and we finally felt like we could afford it.  We stayed in Playa Del Carmen for 3 nights and 4 days.  Our first night we got there just in time for dinner so we had a steak and lobster dessert and then went to bed. The next day walked to town and took pictures by this famous statue and just took in the beautiful (and interesting) sights and sounds.  We did some swimming in the ocean, I played volleyball with some some other vacationers and of course we ATE!  The food was fabulous in taste, variety and presentation. We definitely felt spoiled rotten.   They had 3 or 4 different restaurants each featuring a different cuisine.  We always did the buffet for breakfast but at night we tried to try a different cuisine each night.  I think my favorite was the Mexican restaurant.  I was going to order the fajitas but decided to be brave and order something totally foreign to me and it was the best thing I ate the whole trip.  Some kind of shrimp with rice and a yummy sauce. One of the nights Michael really pushed me to get a massage which I did and it was wonderful.  The 2nd day we did a guided tour to some Mayan ruins.  The ruins included a guided tour of these ancient ruins where we got to learn a lot about the history of these people and ride our bikes to a really tall pyramid type structure (that we hiked up) and then ride our bikes back. Riding the bus to other parts of Mexico makes you realize how blessed we are to live in the US with clean toilets, plumbing and electrical which seems like a luxury to many of the citizens. Other activities included zip-lining, hiking, authentic Mexican cuisine cooked by some old Mexican ladies (very delicious) and swimming in keynotes.  When we got to the keynote they lowered us down on a rope and then we pretty much had to climb out ourselves on a different rope and it was harder than it looked! The 3rd day I was set on going to Cozumel even though we had no idea what we were going to do when we got there.   So we took a ferry and when we got there, we (I) really wanted to rent a bike and just cruise the town but we walked and walked and didn't find any rental places so we walked back to the ferry and headed back to Playa for more lounging which is never a bad thing.  We sent a postcard to the kids and grandma Asay that Grandma didn't receive until about 3 months after we got back!  It was SO BEAUTIFUL there.  I loved the weather, I LOVE the ocean and want to live right by the ocean whenever I visit it.  Grateful for a hard working husband who makes is possible to do these things every now and then.






No comments: