Thursday, October 10, 2019

piano recital and planting pumpkins

 Stetson and Kandace had their piano recital and did awesome.  What I'll always remember about this recital is that Stetson played Raiders March from Indiana Jones.  Stetson had a slight infatuation with Indiana Jones this year between reading the book, watching the movie, playing the song and being Indian Jones for Halloween.  Stetson's recital songs always seem beyond our level when we get the music but I can somehow get him to listen to me long enough to fix his errors and play it right.  I should probably be in the spring recital, too since I learn all the songs so I can help my kids with their pieces.  Stetson really has a passion for piano and once we can push through the arguing and resistance to correction, he does pretty awesome.  Kandace doesn't love it as much but I hope she's grateful for it one day.  In the spring we planted pumpkin seeds!!  We were excited because had had such a great harvest in 2017.  It was a beautiful night, we loved being out there and I love seeing the pictures of uncle Jacob because he's always right along there with us helping when we need it.  Unfortunately the hail storm and some over watering wiped out our pumpkin crop.





No comments: