Friday, December 13, 2013

Ward Christmas party


 Our ward Christmas party was tonight.  We have the greatest YW in our ward.  At every church function they always come find our kids and play with them the whole time.  Its like having built in baby-sitters.  Love it.  Funny story about Kandace's dress.  She's been wanting to wear it to church but Michael didn't think it was church appropriate so we told her she could wear it to the ward Christmas party so she was super excited about it and kept asking us if it was time to go put on her dress.  As soon as Kandace put hers on, Janelle quickly observed and told me "tights, me mommy.  dress.  me mommy."  :)  Her vocab has taken off the last couple months and it is so much fun.  So Michael got her a dress and tights and as they were walking downstairs to put them on, she said " hurry daddy, hurry."  Michael and I looked at each other and laughed.  As I was laying Janelle down I was so filled with gratitude for this beautiful girl and for what she brings to our lives.  I am so blessed and lucky and don't take enough time to slow down and realized the amazing blessings my children are.  I have so many flaws and wish I was a better mom but my kids still love me and show me unconditional love and I'm grateful for each and every day I get to try again and be better.  Upward and onward.
 All Stetson wants for Christmas is papa smurf, phew, that should be easy.  Kandace hasn't really told us yet.

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

Love the Santa pictures. Your kids are so dang cute! I love when they start talking and you wondering how long they have been thinking those things in their head.