Friday, December 13, 2013

popcorn ceiling party

 First of all, I have to say that even though these posts look like Michael is the only one having any fun with the popcorn ceiling madness, he in fact was not.  I scraped just as much off as he did.  Anyway, Michael gets the month of Dec. off of school so I've been putting him to work and getting him all to myself and have been loving it.  I love having a schedule and having plans and getting things done and that's just what we've been doing.  The top pic is Michael scraping off the popcorn ceiling from the hallway upstairs.  It only took us about a 1/2 hr with both of us going at it.  We bought another tarp and you can see we taped it over the stairs so all the dust wouldn't go downstairs.  Michael's idea..he's clever like that.  The last pic is after we finished the master bdrm.  Michael is a lot more attractive with popcorn ceiling dust all over his face than I am.  So we're officially done scraping and now we're moving onto texture and paint!  I wanted to do something more dramatic as far as texture but we're inexperienced so we're using a simple texture brush.  Hopefully we won't mess it up too bad. We went to Lowes a couple days ago and got our supplies.  Michael stopped at Harbor Freight (his favorite store) and got more supplies.  We plan on taping Janelle's room Saturday and texturing Monday.  He has to go back to work in Powell next Tue and will be gone the rest of the week so we gotta hurry and pack all this fun in while we can!  :)  I'm excited to get the texturing done and then paint.  I think a fresh coat of paint will really improve the look of things upstairs.  Crown molding is also on my list.


No comments: