Friday, December 13, 2013

George Winston

 "Happiness is the object and design of our existence."       Joseph Smith
I have really fond memories of driving around Northern California listening to George Winston in my dad's old getta.  He is a concert pianist and his music is absolutely beautiful.  He was born and raised in Billings actually and a lot of his songs are inspired by seasons.  Dad said there was a guy over at his shop with some models doing a photography session for California Prom Designs like in the '80s and the photographer had some music playing and dad said he loved and and asked the guy who he had playing and so dad went out and bought him some George Winston tapes and we've been hooked ever since.
George Winston actually came to BYU-I when I was attending and I went to see him and got my picture taken with him.  So all this leads me to last Friday night when Joel, Kambrie, Dad, Brenda, Michael and I all went to a George Winston concert in Billings at the Alberta Bair Theatre.  I loved it.  I hadn't listened to his music for a long time and it was a totally nostalgic experience to hear it all again.  And so calming and enjoyable.  Made me think about talents and how Heavenly Father blesses us with them to enrich the lives of others.  I feel closer to God when I get to partake of someone's talents like I did that night.  So awesome.  George Winston you rock.

No comments: