Friday, December 13, 2013

 Last Sunday was our tithing settlement.  I remember when I was little, dad would ask me at the end of the year how much money I thought I'd made.  I remember always guessing about $100 so I'd pay my $10 to the bishop.  I remember loving watching the bishop count the money and write it out on my slip and ask me if I was a full tithe payer.  We had the kids dump out the piggy banks and count all their money so they could determine how much they owed to the bishop.  When Michael got paystubs int he mail from work I would pay our tithing but since they changed it so its all electronic he just does it and I miss it.  I have such a strong testimony of tithing.  Heavenly Father has always blessed us with what we need and its such a blessing for us to be able to to pay it and show our obedience and love for him.  Stetson pitched a little fit that night at the church because he didn't get to fill out his tithing slip.  We felt bad about that but life isn't perfect.  Me and him went and watched the general Christmas devotional broadcast at the stake center afterwards.  I loved it.  I'll take any chance I can get to feel the spirit during this hectic holiday season and think about Jesus Christ and his birth.




No comments: